HSSC and Rescue Partners
We would like to thank the many, many rescues willing to work with us to help place pets in foster care and find forever homes for the hard to adopt animals that come to our shelter.
HSSC has valued our relationship with breed placement and all- breed rescue over the years and we would like to expand this avenue of placement for our animals. As the number of rescue groups have increased, animal shelters are developing policies, procedures and guidelines for placing animals with rescue groups. The HSSC asks all rescue groups to complete a questionnaire and sign an agreement before we will place animals with these groups. We hope this will make the placement process more efficient and eliminate any unnecessary confusion.
HSSC realizes the sad reality of pet overpopulation and acknowledges that rescues usually have placement waiting lists. We work hard to find loving, forever homes for all our adoptable pets and make every attempt to try and adopt our animals directly from the shelter to responsible pet owners before reaching out to rescues for placement assistance. Rescues interested in establishing an ongoing, working relationship with us should contact the HSSC at email@example.com to request partnership forms to complete and return.
The Humane Society of Scott County gratefully recognizes the caring work of the following rescue group partners:
- A Caring Place Humane Society
- Animal Lifeline
- American Brittany Spaniel Rescue
- Aussielads – Lethal Whites Across the US
- Aussie Rescue & Placement Helpline (ARPH)
- Australian Terrier Rescue, Inc.
- Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America
- Cat Fancy Assn. (CFA) Purebred Cat Rescue
- Cleveland Area Dog Advocates (CODA)
- Central Illinois Sheltie Rescue
- Colonel Potter Cairn Rescue
- Friends of Rescued Mastiffs
- German Shepherd Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin
- Guardian Angel Bassett Hound Rescue
- Heartland Weimaraner Rescue
- Homeless Hunters
- Illinois Doberman Rescue
- In Your Heart Pekingese Rescue
- Internet Miniature Pinscher Service, Inc .
- Iowa Aussie and Protege Canine Rescue
- Missouri Pit Bull Rescue
- Quad City Greyhound Rescue
- On Point Rescue
- Wisconsin Rottweiler Rescue