Asking your family and friends to honor your birthday with cash donations and/or items from our Wish List is a wonderful, caring way to remember the animals on your special day. We’d like to give back to you by offering our shelter as your place to celebrate!
Our basic 90 minute party package includes:
- Conference room reserved for your party of up to 10 children and 4 adults
- 5-10 minute program by an HSSC staff person (including Q&A)
- Meet and greet with a child friendly adoptable dog (this optional choice can be requested by a parent or guardian when the reservation is made and confirmed by HSSC staff)
- Tour of shelter pet adoption areas
- Guest time with cats in free roam adoption rooms
Birthday parties may be scheduled Wednesday evenings from 5:30 to 7 p.m. (excluding holidays) and Saturdays from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (excluding the Saturday before Easter, weekends reserved for shelter events and holidays).
Reservations must be made 2 weeks in advance of the desired party date and secured with a $25 non-refundable party fee. The shelter reserves the right to suggest and reserve an alternative date if the preferred party date conflicts with staff work duties and schedules.
Party hosts may bring items not provided by the shelter including food, beverages, decorations and party favors. No confetti or balloons, please!
To schedule your party, contact Katy Marbury, Party Coordinator at (563) 388-6655 or by email at email@example.com.